Quar scratchbuild part II

Progress continues on the Coftryan tank. I got a bunch of rivets added to the hull and started work on the tracks and wheel mechanism.
 Since the last post I have done quite a bit. I added a whole bunch of rivets to the hull, and I also added a little crew hatch behind the stowage rack.


 Up next is a piece of the wheel mechanism, one of two rollers per side for the tracks to roll on.

 And then in a major jump forward I finished the basic turret shape and also one side of the tracks.
The tank is really starting to look like a tank. Its actually a bit larger than I originally planned but I think it is still perfectly in scale with the Quar infantry.
 I kept the tracks themselves quite simple. I wasnt really interested in spending hours upon hours making individual track links or even just some complex system. At this point it will stick with just the little bars across, but perhaps later I will add a bit more detail.

Comments

Popular Posts