Treekin and Drunken Dwarf

 Now that Dreadfleet is done and dusted, I can move on to other projects. With High Elves and Lizardmen both getting new army books this year and being armies I play, I have been very excited. I still have not gotten the books or any of the new models yet because I have been on a bit of a Warhammer gaming hiatus...Its been all about the hobby as of late. I look forward most though to the day Dwarfs and Wood Elves get new books as Dwarfs are my favorite army aesthetically and Wood Elves could be my favorite army to play if they got a bit of an update.  If you've stopped by the blog before you will have seen the Dwarfs I have been painting recently. Hopefully I can get most of my Dwarfs painted before a new book drops. Since I can't seem to focus on a single army at a time, I'd also like to paint my Wood Elves as they are a low model count army and they are pretty fun to paint. Also, the natural colors of the elves will contrast to the metallic and snow covered Dwarf army.

To cut a long story short, I am jointly working on my Wood Elves and my Dwarfs at the moment.

I broke a treekin out of the blister to get my total up to 6 treekin and got to undercoating them.
The treekin model is the only model for an army that has remained unbuilt for a couple years so I thought it right to get him built and painted along with his fellow treekin.(who are getting repainted)


Here are the fruits of my labors thus far. The model is the old Wood Elf Treeman but his small stature makes him fit right in with the treekin though he looks a bit beefier. He's a really old veteran treekin...we will go with that.

When I started painting wood Elves when I got the army(and didn't get far), I couldn't find a suitable basing scheme. Static grass and sand just doesn't look suitably wood-elfy. I cracked out the flock which I have been so fond of as of late and am pleased with the result whe combined with some flowers and tufts. I have found the basing scheme for my Wood Elves.



I am really pleased with the color scheme.




 I also completed the Dwarf I have been working on.

Not much to say here. He is just another Dwarf Warrior albeit a very drunk one.

More Wood Elves and Dwarfs to come soon!

Comments

Popular Posts