Slow Grow 40k

I am in the process of repainting my Vostroyan army. The idea started when I wanted to try out the salt weathering technique on some tank models and kind of turned to my entire force. Then I became part of a slow grow 40k project. This will help me learn 6th edition as I have been out of the game for a while and will allow me to paint my guard army slowly and in a more controlled manner. 

You can see the fruits of my first stab at salt weathering. I first painted portions of the tank with rust over a black undercoat. I then covered certain areas with some wet salt so it would stick to the model, waited for it to dry and airbrushed the tank. After letting it dry, I brushed off the salt and a realistic rust is left behind. 



Here were my two test models for the army. I turned away from the red mostly because I wanted the tanks to be green and I felt the uniforms of the troops should match.

Here is the first unit I have to (re)paint for next week. We decided that the first thing to be completed should be your HQ. For me that means painting these 5 guys. Luckily I dont have to redo the bases. I just need to add a bit of sporadic snow. 

Comments

Popular Posts