A Little more Flames



I managed to build most of the Open Fire Americans over the last couple days. I still have 2 more Shermans! When I ordered the box I thought it only came with a total of 6 tanks so finding out it came with 8 was a nice surprise though it means more stuff to build. The tanks take a surprisingly long time to put together considering how relatively simple they are.


The tanks come with a variety of stowage for creating some interest and individuality with the tanks.

You can put a ton of stowage

or none

or somewhere in between

The magnets the tanks come with are a really nice touch. They allow you to swivel the turrets without ever having to worry about them falling off during a game or in storage.

I went ahead and based the infantry so I could get them primed and started later today.

I use fine dirt for basing some miniatures and it works especially well with 15mm. Even fine grained sand is a little too big I think for the scale. The dirt is even finer than fine sand and makes realistic looking ground. 
And I still have 2 Shermans left to build.

I am really looking forward to getting more miniatures for this game. I already have my sights set on buying a para company box, a machine gun platoon, a mortar platoon, some paratrooper light artillery and anti tank guns...and who could forget some good old fashioned heavy artillery and more tanks.



Comments

Popular Posts