Dreadfleet: Part 3

Well I got a bit side tracked while painting the swordfish and just hit a roadblock with it. While I really like the model, the color scheme has been tedious and really boring for me. Hopefully finishing the Shadewraith will give me some motivation. Ya. I went for the lowest hanging fruit of the dreadfleet ships and painted the Shadewraith. I first airbrushed it all astronomicon grey, then washed it with a liberal coat of Beil-tan Green. It should be noted that I painted the model as separate pieces and glued it all together at the end. After that dried, I line highlighted all of the edges with astronomicon grey and layered the sails and pennants with watered down astronomicon grey. Simple stuff. Im happy with the end product(as I usually am I suppose) and look forward to painting more ships!! 






Overall, I think the ethereal effect turned out quite nicely.

Anf here is my roadblock. Im just having trouble picking this model up again because the thought of layering grey for highlights on the hull and sails is really putting me off. 

At least the base is (mostly) done. I still have to paint the creatures that are swimming along the back of the base.

I have also finished most of the islands. The paint scheme is really basic on these and Im not overly happy with the rock on the islands but I really cant be bothered to repaint all of them.





The shipwreck pieces turned out nicer. Though I still have 1 more to paint. The last model of any project I have always seems to be cursed with never being finished. I will finish it though!!




More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts