Archer Update


I was super pleased with how the base turned out. Ive been trying to make a realistic grass base like this for as ling as I've been painting armies. 



 Here is the peasant archer so far. I finished the skin and the red side of his shirt. The red was done with a basecoat of Vallejo black red, a green wash, and subsequent layers mixing red gore with the black red. The highest points of the shirt were done by mixing vomit brown and red gore. I was pleased with the overall result as I was looking more for a realistic muted red rather than a fantasy bright red.


This has been a fun little model to paint and is causing me to want to play Bretonnians....maybe when the new book comes out and I have my other armies finished. The army's aesthetic is too much to pass up and provides a lot of painting opportunities.

Comments

Popular Posts