Chaplain Seraphicus

I finally finished the limited edition chaplain from Dark Vengeance. I got to the point where all that was left was his arm and I just couldnt find the motivation to work on him... But...He is now finished and I am pleased with how he turned out. The only disappointment was the head of his crozius arcanum. I am not entirely happy with how it turned out and may revisit it sometime in the near future.

Here you have him... Chaplain Seraphicus, front and back. This model was really nice to paint and I actually really like the pose.(I've heard people grumbling about it)
Its kind of hard to see from the pictures (if not impossible) the subtle grey blending on the high points of the armor but i assure you, the armor is more than just black with grey edge highlights. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about what color to paint the smoke that is coming out of his backpack. I wanted to paint it in a way that complemented the miniature as a whole and brought the paint scheme together. I settled on the idea that it was incense coming from the brass skull towers on his backpack, and so opted to paint them in a light grey which complements the model I think quite nicely. (The other possibilities were that it was black exhaust, or some sort of pollutant) 



Here is a better view showing the blending and highlights of his cloak

Aaannnd... Here is the next project in the works.

I have a ton of these brettonian archers lying around and I thought I would give one of them special treatment with a side painting project. He is still in the very early stages obviously as the putty on the base is still drying and Ive only primed him. Its a simple model but sometimes the simple models are the most fun to work with. ie the Lt Varras I did a while back. 

This model also will give me a chance to try out a new basing style that I want to use when I repaint my high elves. The base is built up with putty over plasticard and a small piece of slate. I am going to try out using various shades of fine flock over top of it to create a grassy base with some depth to it.

More to come

Comments

Popular Posts