Ramos: Malifaux Crew


This is my Ramos Malifaux Crew that I painted up about a year ago. One of my FLGs was having a closeout on their Malifaux. This gave me an excuse to get 2 Malifaux crews for next to nothing. This Ramos crew of the starter box and 4 blisters cost me about the same as the starter set costs retail (roughly $35).

I got into Malifaux originally because I wanted a game that was both cheap and quick to play for those times when I just cant fit in a game of warhammer. I picked up the bayou gremlins because who could resist a group of banjo playing, pig riding, goof balls who hit their own friends almost as much as they hurt the enemy? Unfortunately I havent finished painting them yet but someday soon I will have them up here.  I have been really impressed with the game and how the different crews work. There are a multitude of crews to choose from and from what I have found, each crew plays differently and has a wide variety of tactics and strategies to choose from depending on what models you include. (all things that should be in a game)

The Ramos crew is a group of miners and steam powered mechanical critters. I gave the models mine bases to reflect their nature. The bases have their fare share of mine cart rails and exposed precious gems. I made the bases purple to give a bit of an otherworldly feel to these denizens of Malifaux.

Ramos.

I tried a bit of OSL (object source lighting) on the model where the green flame would illuminate him. 



Here is a sub par picture of the mechanical spiders. They are painted very simply and I had a hard time really getting them to look good as I have trouble painting complex metal surfaces with lots of curves.

Soulstone Miner and the Brass arachnid(a totem for Ramos). 

The union miners. I like these guys as they are pretty much the only normal, citizen of Malifaux type miniatures in the model range. (I think). They were pretty fun to paint and and look pretty cool to boot.



Here you have the big scary beastie of the crew. The Steamborg Executioner. 


That about sums up this crew. In the coming months I hope to finish my Bayou Gremlin crew and start on my Marcus crew.

The great thing about Malifaux is the model range has a wide variety of "genres" within it and there is a crew to suit just about anyone. The low model count and the low introductory cost to the game means that you can have a large number of different forces for very little money (relatively). Two people could pick up this game and get a decent sized crew for about $100 combined. Expanding your force is easy as buying a single blister or box can change your force dramatically and also add a significant amount of soulstones(points) to your crew.

I recommend checking this game out.

Comments

Popular Posts