Painting Projects

As you can see here I have a lot of special models that I have been accumulating for use in one off painting projects. The scary thing is that this is only most of them. These models are the models that I want to spend a really long time painting and put on display bases. Models include a really old Necromancer on Manticore, 25th anniversary models for 40k and fantasy. Various White Dwarf subscription modelss(most not shown here), a couple old gamesday exclusive models(not all here) and various models from various armies that may or may not be out of print. I rarely get to these models as I spend most of my hobby time painting models for the various armies I have.

Below are a few models that I have done as display models.

This Lt Varras model was done for a painting competition in my town last year. This fella got me first place and shiny new Cockatrice model. For those who don't remember or havent been around long enough, Lt Varras was a model that came with the Battle for Macragge 4th edition starter set. 

I chose to give him some love because this is a model that you never really see any love for.  Looking closer at the model, you can see a nice sculpt for an old starter box model.


I used a piece of 2x2 pine from the hardware store to make the slot he is mounted on. A dremel made it easy to carve out the base a little to create a bit more dynamic landscape.

The billboard was made from various bits of plasticard and this was my first stab at salt weathering. Sharp eyes will notice that the billboard is the same color as my IG chimera. Im painting my Vostroyan tanks in the same scheme because I really liked how it looked.


Base close up

The imposing Lt Varras


This White Dwarf model was done just as a fun project. 
I really liked painting this model and I am a big fan of the sculpt.


Close up of the documents and the map.




I went with a blue coat which is a color that I rarely use as a main color on a miniature

I nailed a piece of brass into the wood as a plaque.


This ork was done for a painting competition before the LtVarras model above. This guy got me 2nd place and I was pretty pleased.
I went for the classic red ride for the ork but made it a bit more muted to make the whole model look more weathered and natural. 



 I kept the ork's skin kind of pale and mellow instead of the traditional bright green to reflect the more natural, weathered appearance of the model.
six shooter

The kopta is held up by a Wood Elf Treeman's branch. This was my first time using baking soda mixed with water and PVA as snow. Ive gotten better since then.

This was also my first time using weathering powders

More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts